Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Cloudy Souls

Good morning, LA!

Often in the wee hours of the morn I lay semi-asleep, aware of thoughts and images drifting through my mind. Those are the times I'm somewhere between levels of realities, opening the mental gate to ideas beyond my own mind.

Last night some interesting imagery floated on by. I saw the marine layer that often shrouds LA in a grey, drab fog as a metaphor for the spiritual state of our people. As I gaze on the faces of LA I see so many dim lights. Rather than shining with the joy the Lord, most people appear clouded and grey. They are surrounded by a spiritual cloud of fear and guilt.

I might have forgotten that image upon awakening, as so many ideas dissolve at daybreak, but then my meditation time took me to Lesson 69 in "A Course in Miracles." Here is what it said:

"Think of your mind as a vast circle, surrounded by a layer of heavy, dark clouds. You can see only the clouds...From where you stand, you can see no reason to believe there is a brilliant light hidden by the clouds. The clouds seem to be the only reality. They seem to be all there is to see. Therefore, you do not attempt to go through them and past them, which is the only way in which you would be really convinced of their lack of substance."

The lesson then goes through a meditation to break through the clouds and reach the brilliant light beyond, the Light of the World.

The people of LA need to see the illusion of their personal fogs--the fears, the guilt, the anger and resentments that make up their reality. In truth, they have no substance, they are merely clouds.

Coming to know the Living Christ, being filled with the joy of the Holy Spirit--that's the way to the Light.

Oh Lord, blow away the clouds in the souls of LA. Show us your sparkling, blue sky, your Shining Son.

So Be It,
Mother T

No comments: