Tuesday, April 1, 2008

April Fools

To quote from my husband, quoting from John Wimber, "I am a fool for Christ. Whose fool are you?"


It often feels foolish writing this blog, praying in cyber space like some sort of blathering religious nut. Will I be standing on street corners next holding up "Come to Jesus" signs?


Can this really make a "difference"? The more I study "the Word" and the more I study modern science, I have to say yes.


I love reading about quantum physics--the study of the unseen world of atoms and energy. Did you know that scientists are learning more and more about the power of thought--the ability of "intention" to change the physical world?

And what else is prayer but positive intention to change our world? I believe prayer is a creative collaboration between mankind and God. Jesus spoke of a Holy Spirit, a Counselor to aid and guide us. When we join spiritual forces with the Holy Spirit miracles can happen, even in LA.

Did you know that seventy members of the La Cienega neighborhood marched last weekend for peace in their streets? They met with some opposition, but it will take that kind of quiet courage to prevail over the chaos of violence.

Corporate prayer pulls in unseen power and radiates peace waves throughout the community. It's a good place to begin, even if you feel foolish.

Be a Fool for Peace.

Oh Lord, give us the courage to be fools for you, for what is foolish in the eyes of man is wisdom in the eyes of God.

So Be It,

Mother T

No comments: